#1 Indian Management Thinker
According to latest Thinkers 50 Rankings.
24 January, 2018
Dr. Vijay Govindarajan
Vijay Govindarajan (VG) is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on strategy and innovation. VG, a New York Times and Wall Street Journal Best Selling Author, is Coxe Distinguished Professor at Dartmouth College's Tuck School of Business and Marvin Bower Fellow at Harvard Business School. The Coxe Distinguished Professorship is a new Dartmouth-wide faculty chair. He was the first Professor in Residence ..... more
In a nutshell, the Three-Box Solution describes the framework for managing a business’s responsibility to take action in three time horizons at once:
- (Box 1): Executing the present core business at peak efficiency.
- (Box 2): Taking steps to avoid the inhibiting traps of past success.
- (Box 3): Inventing a future built on nonlinear ideas.
The Workshop shows the distinctive skills each box requires, how the boxes interrelate, and what it takes to balance them new technologies continue to emerge at an ever-more rapid pace. Second, globalization brings with it new markets, new customers, nontraditional competitors, and new challenges........more
At the end of the session, participants will be able to
develop a framework to answer the following questions:
- Why do companies need to continuously innovate strategically?
- How can firms identify market discontinuities that shape the future evolution of the industry?
- How can firms exploit accelerating global opportunities, as a result of the discontinuous shifts in the marketplace?
- How can firms build the requisite organizational DNA to create the future while managing the present?
- How do you execute breakthrough strategies?
Who Should Attend?
Top and senior mangement from different functions of an organization.